Thursday, August 27, 2009

Side Dishes Demand To Be a Meal

Quick little lunch post, this is easy peasy. Or you could eat it for dinner. This does not change it's difficulty level

Ingredients:
Potatoes
Raw Spinach
Pear
Feta
Dressing of choice (Optional)
Potato additions like butter, sour cream, cheese, etc

1. Bake potatoes in an oven. Or toaster oven. Or microwave. (I usually microwave for about 6 minutes, maybe more) I realize with this post, I don't really officially know how to bake potatoes. I just put them in a hot oven for a while until I think they are done. I have realized this is foolish. Here you can find many ways to bake a potato.

2. Once spuds are baked and ready, make a simple spinach salad. Slice pear and top spinach with pear and feta. Add dressing if desired. I used an Italian. Not an actual Italian - there is no pretty boy named Bonaventure (an Italian name meaning good luck) making my salads.

3. Add desired toppings to potato. I like to use plain non-fat yogurt instead of sour cream. Thank you, Jen! You really can't taste much of a difference.

Serve and eat!


Cost Breakdown

Bag of Potatoes: $1 @ 99 cent store - We'll just say this equals about $.10 a spud even though it isn't near that much.

1/4 Bag of Spinach: $1 @ 99 cent store/4 = $.25

1/2 pear: $.79 @ Ralph's/2 = $.40

2 TB of Feta: $.36 a serving (Confusing math time, GO! There are 14 tablespoons of Feta in a $2.50 container.)

I'm not breaking down the cost of dressing and toppings. The feta equation hurt my brain.

$.10

$.25

$.40


$.36

______
$1.11 a person!

So today we have learned I need to learn how to actually make baked potatoes and some info on how to name your Italian child.

No comments:

Post a Comment